Friday, December 12, 2008

That is all I have to say about that.

I just realized today that I wasted almost 4 months of my life in useless things. As many of you already know ( hopefully) , I was working in a 4th year elective course called Computer Science Project. For some reason, everything involving the word ¨PROJECT" creates a nasty feeling among computer-related people. Mainly because a computer project involves lots of time, pulling a all-nighter to finish some code, complex algorithms, and more. Ok, my project was a comparative evaluation between the iPhone and the Wii on-screen keyboards (a.k.a. virtual keyboards). The final goal was to submit a paper to CHI ( If you don´t know what CHI is or stands for, please ask to your nearest Human Computer Interaction expert). As I mention before, I feeled that I wasted my time during the last months. The reason: I received the official response from CHI with very unsatisfactory results. It seems that the reviewers do not have common sense and they are looking for extremely idiot papers that follow the classic boring experiments like measuring the time to enter characters using a prototype keyboard that is not going to be use at all in the market ever. Whatever, NO SENSE AT ALL, that is all I have to say about this issue.

No comments: